Welcome to Vixen Von Vinatge

Welcome to Vixen Von Vintage - a blog about vintage lifestyle

Thursday 26 May 2011

Wallpaper

I love wallpaper!! 'Expensive', textured, patterned, deep, rich wallpaper; retro, bright, tacky wallpaper! I got an email yesterday from style at home and it had a little section on wallpaper, which has made me think more about my love for wallpaper. I seem to recall a time, not so long ago, when wallpaper was dated and everyone was taking it down from their walls. Am I remembering correct?

When I was little my mom was all about the "borders". There was a different 'border' in every room. Mine had a Micky mouse border diving the wall in half. Actually my whole room was covered in Micky Mouse decor- my mom made me curtains, she hodge podge my garbage can and laundry basket, I had an entire sheet set of mickey mouse, and Micky mouse pictures on the wall.

Anyway... every room had a border, but no wallpaper, as that was a thing of the past...

Now, I believe wallpaper is making a come back. It is so versatile and can change the entire look of a room. I want to wallpaper my apartment so bad... but, I rent.

I'm going to keep an eye out for fantastic wallpaper out and about. I have a fantastic picture at a salon opening, of myself and my horrible ex, but in the background is the most beautiful wallpaper. Alas, the picture is on my broken laptop.


Here are a few pictures of wallpaper that style at home thinks we will "love"


I also recently watched a tutorial on wallpapering furniture like coffee and side tables, which I thought was a fantastic idea...Ill have to see if I can find it again

But back to the vintage side of wallpaper....in the kitchen. Oh how lovely!! I can just picture it, bright and cherry, with matching decor and appliances. The stuff dreams are made of.




No comments:

Post a Comment