Welcome to Vixen Von Vinatge

Welcome to Vixen Von Vintage - a blog about vintage lifestyle

Friday 27 May 2011

Retro Recipe- Marshmallow Confetti Bars

Marshmallow Confetti Bars

My mom use to make these when I was younger and they are so yummy. There are literally four ingredients, but combined, they make heaven. This is a recipe I found online. I know my mom has it on a recipe card... or rather, had it...

1/2 cup butter
1 cup peanut butter
I package of butterscotch chips
I small package of min rainbow marshmallows

In a glass bowl, combine and heat butter, peanut butter, and butterscotch chips. I suppose you could do this in the microwave, or if you fancy, do the double boiler thing with two pots.
Stir until everything is melted and combined.
Add the marshmallows until they are evenly coated. Use more or less marshmallows, depending of your taste.
Spread the mixture into a lightly greased pan, about 8x8.
Chill until set.
They serve and enjoy!

What an easy recipe. So easy, I'm going to have to make some this weekend!!

Now to be honest, I don't really know how old this recipe is, but it seems like it would be retro. One of those simple, fatty treats, moms would make for their oh so sweet children and their friends. Or that they might bring to a potluck, block party, or bake sale. So serve them up on a retro platter, with some fancy napkins and have your self a retro time.

No comments:

Post a Comment