Welcome to Vixen Von Vinatge

Welcome to Vixen Von Vintage - a blog about vintage lifestyle

Tuesday 10 May 2011

Chairs of the Decades

Why hello friends!! Ive decided this week we should take a look at chairs! Yes, chairs... in all their glory! I bet at least once during your day, you come across an old forgotten chair, which once use to be sit on and loved in days past. For the most part, retro chairs can be quite nice to look at but not so comfortable to spend long periods of time sitting in. Again, chairs from the 50's and early 60's are my favorite, but I am constantly finding myself have run ins with chairs from the 70's and 80's! Chairs that are bulky and tacky; that have oh so lovely floral patterns and are burnt orange, lime or olive green, mustard yellow, deep blue, or mixture of it all! So throughout the week, I am planning on taking photos of all the lovely retro chairs I see and sharing them with you! And you can tell me all about the chairs you come across!!

As for today, here are some cliched chairs from the various decades:

1950's
 

1960's

 
1970's

 

1980's













Please feel free to comment on any of my posts! Id love to hear about the vintage items you have or find while out and about! More to come about retro chairs all this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment