Welcome to Vixen Von Vinatge

Welcome to Vixen Von Vintage - a blog about vintage lifestyle

Thursday 7 July 2011

Thirsty Thursday- Bloody Mary

My oh my, Thursday has just snuck up on me! And what a lovely thing it is! Today's Thirsty Thursday is one of my favorite cocktails... A Bloody Mary ( not a Caesar because I'm a vegetarian and therefore don't drink Clamato juice- bleck!). The Bloody Mary's origins are unclear, but it is said to have been invented in New York ( go figure) in the early 1920's. The Bloody Mary is fantastic when you have a hangover, especailly when it is nice and cold.


The Classic Bloody Mary
1-1.5 oz of vodka
Tomato Juice ( 2 oz or so)
A dash of ground pepper and salt
A dash of Tabasco sauce ( i like a few dashes myself)
2-4 dashes of Worcestershire sauce ( if your a vegetarian like myself you can either skip it or buy vegetarian Worcestershire sauce)
A dash of lemon

Put all the indgridents in a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake. Strain into a tall glass and garnish with a celery stalk.

Personally, I like mine very spicy, so i add extra pepper and tabasco sauce... play around with it to find out what you like best!

No comments:

Post a Comment