Welcome to Vixen Von Vinatge

Welcome to Vixen Von Vintage - a blog about vintage lifestyle

Friday 20 May 2011

Retro Recipe- Corned Beef Hash

Its time for the very first Retro Recipe Post!

If you try this recipe out please let me know! Id love to hear how it goes for you!

Like I mentioned, I'm a vegetarian, so I wont be making this recipe, but its actually one my dad use to make for me all the time when I was little... and I loved it. In fact, it was my favorite meal...

CORNED BEEF HASH
Now, Ive only made this once for myself, quite some time ago, so I looked up the recipe to give you exact measurements. And yes, it is made with canned meat! Here is a recipe somewhat similar to how my dad use to make it:



1 tin corned beef
1 onion
1 tin mixed veg (or any leftover peas and carrots' chop small)
1 tin plum tomatoes
seasoning
mashed potatoes
chop onion finely and cook. Add to corned beef and well drained tomatoes, mix well. add vegetables and seasoning, (I like to add half tsp celery salt and salt and pepper) Stir together to mix. cover with mashed potato and cook for 30-35mins until golden on top. Serve with veg of choice
 
nom nom nom
 
Its actually much better than you would think and its very cheap! So go ahead, try it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment