Welcome to Vixen Von Vinatge

Welcome to Vixen Von Vintage - a blog about vintage lifestyle

Monday 16 May 2011

Modern Monday

I think I'm going to try out a feature post... "Modern Mondays" which will feature modern furniture and decor... either retro or vintage inspired, reworked, or completely modern. What do you think?

Well here goes the first Modern Monday

If you don't know by now, I love house and home and style at home, and often browse their websites for decor ideas and photos.
Here is one I found today, of a loft living room, which uses vintage furniture and colour to create a unique and modern atmosphere
A great place to buy modern decor and home nick knack's is Anthroplogie. There is one in Edmonton, in West Edmonton Mall. Don't think all they sell is over priced clothing, they have some beautiful dishes, kitchenware, candle holders, picture frames, bedding, etc.
Here just a small peak at some amazing 'modern' household decor and design pieces from Anthrologie.




I absolutely love this shower curtain! And it is very modern indeed! It also comes in other shades, so not to worry, you wont have to change your bathroom colour scheme just so you can have this fabulous shower curtain!

http://www.anthropologie.com/anthro/index.jsp

Urban Outfitters also has a 'home' section, with a younger, hipper vibe. Both stores also have really great sales and mark downs, so don't be afraid to check them out! You never know what great price you might find.

My own personal favorite modern piece from my home is would have to be my purple suede curtains. Ill have to take a picture of them to show you. I have three purple panels, and three sheer zebra print panels, which alternate along the window. They definitely are a statement and help tie together the colour scheme of my living room: black, purple, and zebra print.

Please let me know what you think of my new feature. I know I promised you more on chairs... but that will just have to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment